Sunday, February 27, 2011

Café à la Française

I had to take a quick break from writing the Celtic piece and the Action/Adventure piece, because I had to write a piece for the Lynn Freeman Olson competition. Basically, the competition is writing a piano piece for early elementary to intermediate level. I decided to write a waltz. I named it Café à la Française (a.k.a., A French Cafe). (As always, if the music player doesn't work for you, I posted it on my Facebook page). Let me know what you think of it!


Café à la Française, Piano by Jon M.


I have absolutely no idea if I will win. If I do (which would really surprise me!), I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

6 comments:

  1. This piece is simply enchanting and delightful! Good luck with the competition!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jon! Fantastic waltz! I have tried in the past to compose stuff on the fly and I tell you, it ain't easy. Sheesh, why am I telling you? lol

    Anyway, nice song! It really reminds me of Ratatouille! Awesome job.

    - Leighton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question: If you were to win, what would you do with the thousand dollars? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm. I love the classical touch to this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaden: "He just thought that up? Wow. That's what I call true skill."

    ReplyDelete