Monday, April 18, 2011

Action/Adventure, etc...

Bang! Bang bang... *gunshot!!!* Crash... glass flies everywhere. KAAaaa-BOOM! [fire-ball flies into the sky]. More gunfire... bang bang. Bang.... then bang.
Thats about sums up what inspired this song. Action/adventure movies are my most favorite movies of all time. Period. End of story. I listen to action/adventure soundtracks all the time, my favorites being The Bourne Ultimatum (John Powell), Eagle Eye (Brian Tyler), and Salt (James Newton Howard).
The song below is short (1:30) because I had originally written it for a contest where the music had to be 1:30 or shorter. I had fun writing it, and I can't wait to try again. I've been getting mixed reactions on the song though. Some people liked it, some didn't. What do you think?

Action/Adventure by Jon M.

On April 14th, Ridley Pearson (author of The Kingdom Keepers) was in Atlanta! I originally couldn't go to the book signing, so I wrote him a letter with a CD that had my It's a Small World song on it. But, at the last minute, I made it! Here is a picture of me with him: 




He was really nice, and seemed excited about my song on the CD. I don't know if he's heard it yet, but I'm hoping to find out soon. So that was very exciting for me. I also got all of my books signed, including The Kingdom Keepers:



Next on the list... I have decided to have a contest. Yes, a contest. Here's the deal: I need names for my Celtic song and my Action/Adventure song. So, you name them for me. Email me (at jon@jonathanmaiocco.com) one name for each song (two names in the end), and I will put them in a poll that will be open for a week. (There will be two separate polls, one for the Celtic, and the other for the action/adventure). Then, you and whoever else will vote on which name is the best. If you win in one of the categories, then you get any two of my songs for free. (And I guess if you win in both categories, you get any four songs for free). Your choice on which songs (just look on my website). Done. How does that sound? The deadline to send in the names May 27th. I will put the polls up then, and then in one week, they will close.

And lastly, the poll on the side says that I should compose to Wayne Thomas Batson's Isle of Swords and/or Fire.
  1. Isle of Swords/Fire [14 votes]
  2. A Bryan Davis Book [13 votes]
  3. (more) Ranger's Apprentice [11 votes]
  4. 100 Cupboards & The Hunger Games [8 votes]
  5. (more) Dream House Series & "Other..."[5 votes]
  6. (more) Kingdom Keepers [3 votes]
So, that means the next genre is pirates. Savvy? I'm listening to Curse of the Black Pearl right now for some inspiration. This should be fun! 

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

P.S. Make sure to vote in the new poll! After pirates, what should I do? And also, in the next post, I'll make sure to answer everyone's questions. 

5 comments:

  1. Exciting song! Awesome-tastic! I love the thing to pieces! Can't wait to hear future songs! I'll definitely email you with names.

    - Leighton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Action songs are definitely among my top faves! Thanks!!

    Congrats on meeting Ridley Pearson!!! I'd love to meet him someday... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is definitely an action piece! I love the ending.

    It's really cool that you got to meet Ridley Pearson!

    I will enter the contest for sure. I'll be doing some serious name-storming now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two thumbs up, Jon!
    I made a CD of all your songs (finally!) and my son listened to it all morning. He was home sick today. :-)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! I love it. Lucky duck! I never met any good authors. :( Oh well. And I LOVE the celtic piece. Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete