Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Arabian:

Hey there. So, I composed my Arabian piece. It was fun!
I have decided something: I am "dedicating" this song to C. S. Lewis' The Horse and His Boy. This is the first of many songs I want to compose for that book. This is meant to be the "opening titles" or something. I will hopefully do at least four more songs for the book. But we'll see.
With this song, I wanted it to be more orchestral than anything else I've done. I also wanted to sound completely different than how I usually sound.

The Horse and His Boy - Main Titles by Jon M.

Please take a minute and let me know what you think! Should I even compose more songs for The Horse and His Boy?

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

9 comments:

  1. This was really good! Definitely different from what you normally do, but still great! I think you should continue with "The Horse and His Boy"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I loved the mood it created. It had a wonderful exotic taste with an epic feeling of accomplishment.

    Sadly I have never read the Horse and His Boy but if you keep writing such beautiful music I have no objection.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you're brilliant. I particularly love that book, and I thought the music was genius. Do some more, please!! The one thing I would want to hear, though, just my opinion, is a little more tenderness here and there, just for Shasta's sake ;)
    Of course, I know you were experimenting with Arabian-ness. I'm just nit picking.
    You rock, man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this one!!! If they are all that good, than definetly compose more for the Horse and his Boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude they should use this for the Narnia movie if they decide to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this project! I just stumbled across your blog and I've got to say that this is the coolest one I've seen in a while.

    Gray @The Locket

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, you did a great job with the Taken music for Mr. Eastman! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome awesome awesome job!!!!! (as always)
    Definitely compose some more for The Horse and His Boy...I loved that book (as well as all the Chronicles of Narnia books haha)!
    And great job with the whole composing for an author's website thing :) That was awesome as well!!!

    ReplyDelete