Sunday, May 15, 2011

H2O

The contest is officially over. Thanks to everyone who entered! The name of the Action/Adventure song is officially Heartbeat and the name of the Celtic song is officially The Wild Hills of Erin. Congrats to the winners!
So, new genre time. What's on the menu???...

1. Arabian -tie- Sci-Fi
2. Western
3. Classical
4. Oriental
5. Spy/Mystery
6. Electronic
7. Spanish -tie- Romantic Comedy
8. Ethnic/African
9. Jazz

I will do the top three: Arabian, Sci-Fi, Western, and Classical.

So, ***BREAKING NEWS***: Ridley Pearson emailed me and said he was "blown away" by my It's a Small World piece! I definitely had a mini heart attack when I saw the email. Haha...

Some "new" music... attached to this post is an artsy piece I did two years ago. I was studying Philip Glass at the time, and I wanted to do a minimalist piece. (Basically, it repeats a lot... haha). This piece is called H2O. When composing the piece, I was asking myself the question, "If water was music, what would it sound like?" It was written for two pianos. I think it is slightly boring compared to some of my other stuff... it's not really like a film score... but still, let me know what you think!

H2O by Jon M.

I am leaving next week for a six-day mission trip in Nicaragua. (Prayer is appreciated!) Then I get back, and June will be my composing month. Hopefully, I'll compose to the next four genres then...

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

4 comments:

  1. WHOA... amazing. Believe it or not, this one is definitely movie soundtrack quality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Leighton, Jon. I loved that one. LOVED. And I could totally see that in a movie. A drama or a scene where the hero is investigating what happened to his missing sister or something and finding out that his best friend is corrupt. I think it reminded me of some scenes in The Firm, but I don't know why. Anyway... It was beautiful. Seriously. :-)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this makes me think of a scene from my book, where a Hero tears through the woods in the rain, looking for his lost love. This is soundtrack quality, whether you think so or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the sound of this!! Can definitely picture water...I'm absolutely certain that if water were music...it would sound that way :)

    ReplyDelete