Wednesday, July 27, 2011

As the World Ends

"Dramatic" was never listed under my genre options. But yesterday, while I was trying to compose some trailer music, and I composed this and realized that it fits the word dramatic pretty well (in my opinion). A really good friend of mine helped me name the song.


[song taken down, can be found on Epic Music, "As the World Ends".]


What do you think?


Thank you so much to everyone who commented on A True Western. I'm glad everyone generally liked it, and I liked all of your thoughts and suggestions. (There were some really good suggestions/insights I'd never thought or heard before!) I will be composing a longer version that will have a lot more themes and definitely more western aspects to it. 


Thanks for listening,


Jonathan Maiocco

10 comments:

  1. Jon, you take my breath away! WOW! I am in utter awe, delight and thrill. WOW!!! I JUST...there aren't words for this epic beauty! The sweetness, the depth, the pain it's all there soaring, falling, rising, tensing, holding in musical notes. Pictures so vivid cross my mind I want to paint the world in music like this.

    I LOVE IT!!!!!! *listens again* Wow...soooooooooooo beautiful, it gives me chills.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica first told me about your blog... so I started following it, and since I keep on falling in love with every new song you post, I thought I really should comment. :)
    Thank you so much for sharing these! I find them absolutely brilliant, and this one *listens for the 4th time* is just amazing. You just randomly composed this yesterday?!? Wow...
    I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That. Was. Awesome.

    The end.

    (I love how it didn't explode with action in the middle like your standard epica music, but rather almost decreased as the song went on. *nods* Well done, sir!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds quite dramatic. :) It reminds me of this one soundtrack, but I can't think of the name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was really great! I absolutely loved the drums in it :D perhaps one of the best dramatic pieces I've heard yet :D

    Squeaks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the beginning, around 0:17-0:20, I heard what sounded like a part of the Swords of the Six theme. I liked it in reference as trailer music :) Very dramatic, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very dramatic!!! It sounded a little... fakey (is that a word?). Other than that it was very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was beautiful! Wow. I love to listen to soundtracks while I write, and that is definitely a song I would listen to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Listening to this for like the 10th time... it is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWOWOWOWOW. Wow. wow. That was crazy. Although, I think it would be even better with a snare track, but I'm a percussionist... so I'm biased. Just saying, I drummed with it all the way through on my laptop. :-D Keep making GREAT music! -Seth

    ReplyDelete