Tuesday, August 30, 2011

World's End. Again.

Hey everyone. College has officially started. So composing time is almost zero. But... I somehow always manage to find a little time here and there to sneak in some composing (whether that means staying up till 2am or procrastinating school work).
I have two reasons for posting. One: I have been interviewed Jessica, who runs a pretty awesome blog. Check it out! Also, here is the link to the interview. She is also holding a contest, the prizes being some of my music. So, if you want some of my music possibly for free, then I would hop on over.
Two: I can't post without posting new music. So, here is a song I call World's End (not to be confused with As the World Ends). Probably should change the names, but eh. Whatever. World's End (the book) is the sequel to Dormia, a book I also did a song for. Two things I want to say about World's End (the song): 1. I literally was thinking of snow the whole time while composing. 2. It repeats a lot. I don't know if I like it. What do you think?

World's End by Jon M.

Almost done with the comedy piece. Hoping to finish it and post it soon. Sci-Fi... we'll see what happens. I have a couple of ideas.

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

10 comments:

  1. This sounds more like a piece that goes with a movie or video, rather than standing alone. Not too distinguished among your songs, though, I'm sad to say. Looking forward to the comedy!! I'll definitely be entering into the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting about the giveaway, I really appreciate it!

    I love the tranquility, yet the underlying bit of tenseness. The frailness of the snowflakes can be heard in the beginning of the music, then it moves into the flurry of them falling in their dizzying lace like fall. You've captured snowflakes in music, it's absolutely beautiful.

    I am really disappointed my library doesn't have these books, I want to read them.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't let me comment on Jessica's blog!!!! Can I comment here???

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous. You can now comment on my blog. I had it set so only registered users could comment, that has now been changed. Sorry for the trouble.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jessica Thanks!

    Jon, not my favorite. It was pretty, but it kinda lost my interest part of the way through.I could definetly see the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I'm in the minority here since I thought the piece was most excellent. As Jessica said, it's tranquil, but underscored by a tenseness. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, unrelated to the song, but I read the interview over on Jessica's blog and that's so cool that you used to play the violin (but sad that you can't play now) (OO)
    I've been playing for the past five years or so and love it :]

    And actually, yeah, French horns kinda rock.

    PS I just listened to the song, and I totally love it. Definitely needs footage to go with it, but yeah, it's still great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won the giveaway! I love your music! Would definitely make good movie soundtracks, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, sorry, I'm listening to it again. Givin' me chills, seriously! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very BELATED Happy Birthday! I was listing to your music and remember that you said your birthday was in the end of October so...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON!!!!!

    Hope you day was fabulous and God blesses you tremendously in the year ahead.

    Your Friend,
    Jessica

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMttvKlOjEg (thought you might enjoy this...)

    ReplyDelete