Sunday, December 18, 2011

Many Different Things...

I am going to cut to the chase...
First on the menu: actual video! "myouterspace.com" recently held a contest where you composed to this video clip and it was judged. About 300 were judged... and I didn't win. But you know, that's OK. (Watch it without audio, and then with audio. What do you think? Did my music fit?)



Second: I wanted to post this song... some of you might have heard the music I did for Robert Liparulo's series Dreamhouse Kings. (If not, you can download it for free on my website in the store or on his website near the middle of the page). I really like the themes I did for his books, and I want to continue with them. So I did and "action/adventure" sequence, just for fun. What do you think?

House of Dark Shadows, Action/Adventure Sequence by Jon M. 2011

And lastly: another Christmas epic! I threw it together, so I wouldn't say that it's incredible... but I hope you like it anyways. And guess what? You can download it! Just click the little down arrow button. Consider it a Christmas present from me to you.

Christmas 2011 by Jon M. 2011

Hoping to finish Sci-Fi before 2012. We'll see... haha.

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

6 comments:

  1. I thought your Zenoids theme was fantastic, especially the end. I'm pretty sure if I listened to the winner that I wouldn't like it as much as yours ;)

    I like your Dreamhouse Kings track, too! Very nice.

    And your second Christmas Epic....... what can I say? I'm in love :D Of course, if I have to be honest, I like the first one just a a little better, but I'm still in awe of this one. The use of strings really got me. Incredible.

    And thank you for making it available for download! You made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the music fit the trailer...thing...it was kind of a weird trailer. XD

    LOVED your House of Dark Shadows theme. Epic.

    And the Christmas 2011 was likewise epic. :D And thanks for letting us download it! I shall put it on repeat and listen over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the music for the trailer. I started playing it and my daughter came running, like she just KNEW there was a cartoon on. I thought that was worth telling you about.

    Your Dreamhouse Kings song is amazing. I loved it.

    And I loved the Christmas one too. Good job, Jon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. House of Dark Shadows was excellent! It sounded slightly like Brian Tyler's Eagle Eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *ahem* I watched and listened to this all ages ago and meant to comment but never got around to it, but I got to listen to it all over again and tell you what I think. :)

    I thought your trailer music fit. Really well but, your music is SOOOOO much better than that could ever be!

    Love the pacing the feel the emotion and intensity, with House of Dark Shadows the length is WONDERFUL! And you really pass on the energy. Wonderfully done.

    And THANK YOU FOR THE CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!!! I LOVE THIS PIECE!!! The opening is so enchanting and Christmas-y and then you enter a deep world that has this beautiful sweeping open feel to it that builds up and up with such a dramatic feeling. I love the themes that you chose to put to it, it is beautiful!!!
    Thank you Jon!!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this post?? Haha!

    The trailer music sure did fit! Odd trailer for it though...

    Wow, you did a great job with the new Dreamhouse Kings sequence! I loved how you combined the themes from the others to make it much more intense and dramatic! You should add it to the store on your website.

    The Christmas epic was good! Like you said, probably not your best, but it did well with the "Carol of the Bells" theme. Thanks for the gift!

    ReplyDelete