Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mission Improbable

First post of 2012. World's going to end in December, so I'd better write a lot of music... haha.
Here's the spy genre. I consider it "old school" spy, if you get what I mean. (Like Get Smart, James Bond, Mission Impossible, etc. Not like Salt, Bourne, etc.) This is supposed to be main-titles/suite/just-trying-to-get-all-my-thoughts-out kinda piece.
I want to share a back-story on how I got the theme: I was on vacation with my family at the beach. On the last night there, I had the weirdest dream. In the dream, I was a spy, and the "bad guy" had found me. He looked at me and said something like, "Game's over _______..." (Whatever my spy name was... haha). And then suddenly, everything faded to black, and the theme started playing full force in my head. I woke up suddenly, and immediately ran over to the keyboard I brought with me, and plucked it out. That's how the theme came about. Haha... hope you like it!

Mission Improbable by Jon M. 2011

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

P.S. College starts Monday. Don't know when I'll get a chance to write more...

7 comments:

  1. Love it! And I don't even like spy movies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is definitely one that should go on iTunes, if you make an album. To start, the title is very good. I like it :D The "old school" shone through well and I enjoyed it immensely. Quite a unique piece, to be sure. The "cliffhanger note" at the end was interesting, and appropriate. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my new favorites! It is AMAZING! At parts it reminds me of Sherlock Holmes, at other parts Despicable Me, over all it is just awesome! Great work Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the old school feel, it's quick tempo that leaves you with the on the tip of your toes feel. The whole fact that it was dream inspired is super cool and that dream is epic.

    I really love where the violins lead off and how you build it up from there, it just makes you want to hold your breath! Again epic music Jon!
    Thank you so much for sharing your God given talent!!!!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is just super. I've been "catching up" on listening to your blog stuff, and this one just blew me away.

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete