Sunday, February 5, 2012

February

It's February already. The craziest part is I wore shorts today, and went longboarding. It's too warm to be February... but hey, I'm not complaining. Haha
I haven't been posting as much as I have in the past, mainly because I (sadly) don't have as much time to compose music. But this weekend, I finally was able to sit down and just... compose. Gosh, I've been missing it!
Here's a piece I just did. I was reading 100 Cupboards by N. D. Wilson, so it's loosely inspired by that. I don't know if it is finished or not... I feel like I can add more. But, we'll see. Let me know what you think!

100 Cupboards by Jon M.

I'm working on my first official album. As I have said before, it's going to be a trailer music album, mainly epic music. I still have to compose at least six more pieces for the album. Working on them now... I don't want to post them as I compose them, because I want them to be a surprise. But... I might post a sample. :D
Also, I think, along with doing genres, I am going to do word genres. For instance, the word whimsical. What would whimsical music sound like? How about haunting music? Etc... more to come on that.
As always...

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, word genres sound like a great idea-- especially since a word like "angry" could get taken many ways: hot destructive anger, as opposed to a deep, cold anger, etc....... I'm excited! Will you be doing a shout out for word suggestions?? o_O

    And about the song: it's amazing, of course. It makes me think of Howard Shore's Hugo and the first Chronicles of Narnia score put together. Which I obviously means I want to own it, like, right now ;) You're right, it could use a little extra something, but it does sound really good already.

    I hope all of the songs you've already posted on the blog will be released on iTunes soon! *puppy face*

    Keep up the amazing work, Jon! God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't commented in forever, even though I've listened to everything many times over. Bad me I'll have to catch up with comments.

    But this piece. It has so many feelings and yet one at the same time the core remains this thoughtful feel while the music around you takes you so many different places of emotion. It's beautiful...and I wrote to this piece of music for an half our last night. :) It's beautiful and deep and wow...is that deep epic feel that touches the heart.

    Can I scream with joy at the thought of an album? *scream* I can hardly wait it will be amazing!!!!!!!!

    Oh I love your last thought it sounds really cool and defiantly music on a different level.

    Enjoy the nice weather. :)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...definitely one of your best works. The way it began made me think of Sigur Ros,only minus thier floating Icelandic voices:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've taken a step up! I love this piece. What Jessica said before is spot on, about the thoughtful feel and emotions. In every (good) movie soundtrack I've heard, there are always connecting tracks, softer ones, where the composer's intent is not to awe with genius sound but to enhance the scene itself. This is matured piece of music, and I am impressed.

    Now for criticism (thought not much): as you mentioned, there isn't enough. Length is the next step...but keep it coming! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^ I agree with Noah's comment above.

    Having read 100 Cupboards, I can picture the characters and the setting beautifully with this music. Slightly creepy, slightly wistful, always mysterious... (I love that book, and the series.)

    When your album comes out, I'll be one of the first to buy, and I'll tell all my friends... *grin*

    ReplyDelete