Sunday, September 9, 2012

September

It's been a month since I last posted here. Sorry about that... life is crazy. School has started, and I am taking 17 hours of all music classes. It's really great, but it's definitely a lot of work.
It's been a month since the album has come out. The first question people always ask me is, "So, how much money have you made off of it?" haha well, I don't know yet. I'm supposed to find out soon though, I think. But honestly, I didn't do it for the money; I did it because it's something I had always wanted to do. And besides, a couple of you guys wanted me to do it, so... yeah. 
The reason I called the album Epic Music is so that when people search epic music in iTunes or Amazon, that it would be the first album to show up. (I'll be honest though, I wasn't sure if it was going to work.) But... it did. Which I thought was cool. So now, when you type epic music into iTunes, its the first album to show up:



When the album first came out, it wasn't even on the first page on iTunes. (It was maybe 50 albums down on the list or something.) So it's cool that it's now first.
Also, here's what the album looks like on iTunes:


I stalk my own music. Is that bad? I've been looking at the reviews every now and then, and I saw this review, and just had to post it. It made me smile:


On Amazon, when you type in epic music, it is the 5th item to show. (Which isn't bad, I guess... originally, it didn't even show up):


It's cool to be near Two Steps from Hell. They're awesome. 

 So yeah, just wanted to share that. Now, I have a request. (And I really didn't want to ask... but I'm going to anyways.) If you have a couple of minutes to spare, can you review/rate my album on iTunes and/or Amazon? Reviews/ratings really help bring up the popularity. And I'm not asking for five stars, or, "This is totally the best album ever buy it right now!!" I'm asking you to put what you think of it. And... that's it. So, take it or leave it. (I hate to be that guy who asks, but...) Thank you to all of you who have already reviewed/rated it!

Another thing: got this magazine in the mail the other day.


I honestly didn't think much of it. But my mom looked in the magazine and found my piece listed. (I was in my room, and I heard her yell, "Jonathan!!!" My first thought was I had done something wrong... haha.) My piece is the one in the middle of all the other pictures, and it's the 3rd piece listed under the "Early Intermediate" column.


Now onto music! I just recently did a short piece in the style of Thomas Newman. (It was for a video... I don't have the videos yet, but if I get them, I might post them.)



I know it's not much music at all, but it's new music needless to say. I currently have composition lessons at college, so I don't have as much time to compose freely like I use to. But for composition lessons, I am working on my piece A True Western (I going to expand it), I am composing an advanced piano piece, and I am going to compose something for a Pierrot Ensemble (flute, clarinet, violin, viola, and piano). I am also in the process of teaming up with some short-film makers, so that should be fun. And that's about it! I'll post again soon.

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

[UPDATE]: Noah (link to blog), a friend of mine, showed me/reminded me that the album is also on Spotify. Here's a pic:


3 comments:

  1. It's great to have an update!! Thank you!

    It's inspiring to see your album so high in search results, and that review is simply awesome. Congrats! I'd love to review the album! I'll listen through them all some more, and post one soon. (I already know it'll be a favorable one) Have a great time with your classes, free-time composition, and such! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have $0.10 on your iTunes account. Just thought you'd need to know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all super cool and exciting!!!!

    I love the piece you did the whole feeling is soft and peaceful, it reminds me of a rainstorm for some reason, the drops of rain on a pond and the little rippling effect. It's beautiful.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete