Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Happy Birthday

I know, it's been too long. Believe it or not, I am still alive here on planet earth.

Today is August 6th, 2013. A year ago, Epic Music was released. It's crazy it's been year.

Over this past year, I have been working like crazy to finish Epic Music II. Unfortunately, it's not done yet. But, I know I'm very close to finishing. In honor of it being a year, I'm posting the concept art for Epic Music II:



What do you think? It's not done yet... there's a couple of changes I want to make, and some things I want to add. Any advice?

I'll be back soon to post some snippets of songs that will be on the album.

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

9 comments:

  1. Yahoo! So excited! I know what my brother will be asking for for Christmas... :P
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha hopefully, you guys will like it. And hopefully it will be out before!! :D thanks Tirzah!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and Happy BIRTHDAY EPIC I. I am certainly looking forward to EPIC II I just know it's going to be GREAT!!!!! :D My family was just listening to your music on a road trip lately, thanks for great music that keeps us going. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, great to hear from you!! You were listening to my music on a road trip?? So honored. Really. haha, thanks!! Hopefully EpicII will be good road trip music too :D

      Delete
  3. Cool! I can't wait!

    The art looks pretty good. I would suggest putting some sort of filter over the bottom text/reflection. It looks like you already desaturated it a teeny bit, but I would either blur it slightly or lower the brightness... I don't know. I'd try more than one approach until it looks right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Evergreena!! Thank you for the suggestion, yes, I completely agree! I'm going to post the final before it's finished, so hopefully it'll look good then.. I might have different versions and have everyone critique them, so please be on the look out for that, I'll definitely need some guidance!! thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks great! Can't wait for the new album.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks pretty good, with the suggestions already mentioned. But I do have one suggestion: make it a different color. If you make a single glance in its direction on a shelf, you might not know there is a difference between them otherwise.

    ReplyDelete