Sunday, January 12, 2014

Epic Music II

And it's pretty much official. Epic Music II is going to be out on Amazon this Tuesday. (As for iTunes, I'm not sure, but I'll post when it does.) A year and a half ago, I released Epic Music.

Here are the track listings:

1.   The Greatest Story Never Told
2.   Organ Donor
3.   Thirteenth Hour
4.   Hope in Our Midst
5.   Extra Celestial
6.   Gun Control
7.   Rhythm
8.   Earth Forgotten
9.   After Earth
10. That Feeling of Falling
11. Into Battle
12. Anger Management
13. Mutations

And... I've been waiting to post about this album for years now. I can say years, because God gave me this idea back in 2012. I don't even know where to start...

So basically, God is awesome. Like, really awesome. Like, the kind of awesome that is more than any words could ever describe kind of awesome. I feel like I don't give Him the credit He deserves. All this music stuff, my life, everything I do... it's kind of His. Actually, not kind of. It is His.

This album is for Him. I feel like it's a feeble attempt to glorify God... my music isn't the best. It's not the most beautiful or the most epic. (No, I'm not saying my music is terrible. In fact, I know it's good; and I don't mean that in a prideful way or anything, don't get me wrong. It's a gift God has given me, and I'm trying to use it to glorify Him.) But I can't help but feel like a little kid giving my Dad a crayon drawing. No, it's no Mona Lisa, or anything from the Sistine Chapel... but I know that He loves it. And if heaven had refrigerators, it would be on His.

Take the beginning letter of each track. Put them together. TO THE GREAT I AM. It's all for Him.

And that's that. Epic Music II is done. If you get around to listening it, I would love to hear what you think.

Epic Music III? No. Not any time soon. I am working on... well... I'll tell you about that later.

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

PS - here's the link to the MIDI recording and the official orchestral recording of A True Western.

4 comments:

  1. Just a little FYI: the link to the "A True Western" isn't working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniel. :)
      Story of my life.

      Delete
  2. TO THE GREAT I AM. --- I love this, Jon. And I also love the image of a kid with a crayon. I feel that way about my books too. This is a lovely thing. I'm so thrilled by you. That might sound weird, but it's true. When I see a young man loving God with everything he has, it gives me hope that this world isn't nearly as messed up as it sometimes seems to be. Thank you for reflecting God's glory! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jill. And no, not weird at all, I appreciate you saying that. :) And I see that with you and your books, so right back at you!! [To anyone reading this who doesn't know Jill... go check her out now. She's awesome.] Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete