Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Miscellaneous #1

For August, I want to post several pieces that I have done over the course of this year that don't fit into any category.

This first piece doesn't have a name - it's just an electronic piece that was played at my senior recital. Here it is:



The voice that says "Ladies and gentlemen..." is usually played at every recital, right before the concert is going to start. I was at a recital in the fall, the lights dimmed, the voice started playing, and suddenly the idea hit me - what if the recording were to just stop and break down? What would everyone do? That's what sparked the idea of taking that voice recording and remixing it (kind of). It was really fun to do. At my recital though, it kind of confused everyone, because no one was expecting it. But hey, try something new, right?

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

4 comments:

  1. I thought it was spectacular! Awesome of you to upload it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks so much Daniel, glad you liked it!!

      Delete
  2. Haaa I love it! It's a fun way to kind of tribute to the announcement and have a heck ton of fun at the same time. Thanks for sharing it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks :) yes, definitely fun!! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete