Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Miscellaneous #3 - Say Something

This one is definitely more of an official project - but I am just now allowed to post it.

My friend, James Harris, is an incredible singer. We've known each other for years, and have just now got around to teaming up. He came over one morning, we sat down, and decided to do a cover of Say Something, by A Great Big World. That was back in May. Now, months later, after finalizing the track, mixing and mastering, getting the album artwork, getting the rights, etc., I can post it. Here it is:


The epic influence is definitely in there. But man - it was fun to do. What do you think?

The track is available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, etc.

Thanks for listening,

Jonathan Maiocco

4 comments:

  1. He's got a great voice, and your arrangement is spectacular. I love that little beep throughout that sounds like a heart beat monitor. Perfect touch. It really got me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! (Yes, he is absolutely incredible!!) And the heart beat monitor - we had a lot of fun with that. It was a spontaneous idea, but it seemed to work out fairly well!

      Delete
  2. JON JON JON JON!!!!!!!! I bought it back in November and have LISTENED TO IT SOOOO MANY TIMES!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR VERSION OF THIS!!!! IT IS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!! I hope you continue to do more projects like this. (I am listening to more of your music right now...you are so talented). You are so gifted and blessed by God, continue to amaze the world!!!
    Merry Christmas!!!!!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JESSICA!!! Thank you so so much! :) so appreciate your encouragement. thanks for listening!!

      Delete